RESPIRATORY FeNo Machines £3,074
We are aspiring to establish a much-needed Severe Asthma service at Ashford and St Peters Hospitals, and we need a FeNo machine.
FeNO devices measure fractional exhaled nitric oxide in the breath of patients. Nitric oxide is a biomarker for asthma which provides an indication of the level of inflammation in the lungs.
FeNO testing is a quantitative, non-invasive, simple and safe test making it suitable for use in the primary care setting when conducted by an appropriately trained health care professional competent to deliver and interpret the results.
Although FeNO is primarily a diagnostic tool, it has an additional use in the ongoing monitoring of chronic asthma.
What are the benefits?
· Improved accuracy of diagnosis for patients suspected of having asthma
· Improved effectiveness of patient care through better understanding of an individual’s condition
· Improved patient outcomes, reducing the risk of exacerbations and admissions to hospital
· Reduction in inappropriate prescribing, including corticosteroid prescribing
· Reduction in the number of inappropriate referrals to secondary care clinics.